School Health Advisory Council
FISD has a School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) that consists of parents, school employees, and community stakeholders. The council meets at least 4 times a year to help the school with health related educational programs. SHAC welcomes new members to help implement the Wellness Policy into the school district.
Local School Wellness Policy Feedback
This article was created to give stakeholders an opportunity to participate in the development and implementation of the Local School Wellness Policy. If you have any input on the information listed below, please leave in the feedback box at the bottom of this page.
- The School Health Advisory Council will develop a wellness plan to implement the District's nutrition guidelines and wellness goals.
- The District's nutrition guidelines shall be designed to promote student health and reduce childhood obesity.
- The District shall implement, in accordance with law, a coordinated school health program with a nutritional education component.
- The District shall implement, in accordance with law, a coordinated health program with physical education and physical activity components.
- The District establishes goals to create an environment conducive to healthful eating and physical activity and to promote and express a consistent wellness message through other school-based activities.